Sunday, October 5, 2008

Marathon 2008

Well I finally did it I ran the St. George Marathon and did it with my BFF Kathrynne Brewer. Not only did we finish it, but we ran the marathon in the rain. It rained the entire time. Our time was 4:18. The picture above is a little over 3 miles left, just above Snow Canyon Parkway. Marc, Lisa, Kailan, Mom and Dad where there to cheer us on. Thanks!
This is me after the race. I was trying to get warm. All of my clothes where soaking wet. Including my shoes every step I would take I could feel the water squish between my toes.
Kathrynne and Me.
This is my wonderful supportive family. They where out at Dammeron Valley and made it to the finish line to watch us Finish. Adam has his eyes closed, but I love that they where there with me.
Kathrynne and I trying to stay out of the rain.
We did it and I am so proud to have started and ran the entire thing with her.
Even though the weather sucked it was a great marathon!!

15 comments:

Ashley said...

You look WAY too pretty in your pictures. Totally not allowed. Great job Kell! I'm so happy you finally got your marathon in.

Pulsiphers said...

Good job I am really proud of you. By the way you look so skinny in the pictures. Good job again and Congratulations. Love ya sorry we couldn't be there to support you, I was cheering for you all the way here in California.

The Facks of Life said...

YOU DID IT! Isn't it the most amazing feeling in the world? Totally empowering. I was on a high for a month after my marathon. Wow! I am so proud of you and I can't wait to run the St. George marathon with you next year. (if you are up for it) How are you feeling? Can you walk yet? I could barely walk for two days.

I guess the only thing worse then running in the rain is running in the hot hot sun. What a trooper. Congrats!

Tylershark said...

Strong work. Sorry I missed you on the course. I was too busy treading water to notice everybody. I was looking for a life raft.

Lisa Raines said...

You seriously are my hero. I hope I can grow up to be just like you! Okay well maybe not just like you because then I would be Marc's sister and that is just wierd.

Errin said...

Kellie, thats awesome! What a great accomplishment! And I would love to take pictures of your girlies! Just let me know when you want me to! my # 256-2223 :)

Nanci said...

Congrats! You are wonderwoman!

T.K. said...

Good job girl, I thought of all the runners when I woke up and saw the rain, BRRRRR. You did it though.

Em said...

I think you are crazy but congrats for doing it!! Also THANKS for being the best nurse EVER you made my scary experience sooooooo much easier! Love ya, em

Brittany said...

You're quite the woman. Hey you have to check out my blog. I actually have pictures on there and a thanks to you! Brittany

Maegan said...

I hope you don't care I found your blog through TK, you guys look so cute and did such a great job! The rain did suck maybe next year it will be better!

Raines Fam said...

Kellie you are the Woman. We are very proud of you and not just for the marathon

Errin said...

Hey Kelly! I started charging $50.00 You can have them e-mail me at ea.photo@hotmail.com and I can book them! Thanks Kelly!

paulandbrianna said...

Holy cow. That is amazing. I can't believe you did that. Sorry we weren't able to see you when we came through, but I might be down around St. George and Vegas during Veterans day weekend.

lisa selensky said...

You are an amazing Woman! that is quite an acomplishment! i am very impressed! love you very much! lisa